Skip to toolbar

Urban Manhunt: the Miniatures Game has Arrived!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Urban Manhunt: the Miniatures Game has Arrived!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cynthiacelestemiller 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cynthiacelestemiller
    Participant
    87xp

Spectrum Games is proud to announce the launch of Urban Manhunt: the Miniatures Game, a tabletop game that depicts a harsh, violent sport of the dark near-future (as seen through the lens of the 1980s). Each player takes on the role of a hunter, a highly trained and larger-than-life mercenary who scours sectioned off parts of prison cities, eliminating convicts (called crims) for points. The hunter with the most points accumulated when the time limit expires wins the match.

According to designer Cynthia Celeste Miller, “Urban Manhunt was born from my love of 1970s and ‘80s films set in bleak futures such as The Running Man, Escape from New York and The Warriors. The way we viewed the future back then was drastically different than how we view it now. I wanted to make those aesthetics a central aspect of the game’s setting.”

Urban Manhunt doesn’t require a massive investment to play at full-throttle. In fact, you can play with only one miniature. Best of all, the rulebook features a detailed system that allows you to stat up practically any miniature you own!

Wargamers accustomed to the traditional “One Player’s Group Attacks the Other Player’s Group” set-up are in for an exciting surprise! Urban Manhunt  creates an altogether different dynamic. The hunters aren’t allowed to attack each other. Instead, they attack the crims. The crims’ actions are controlled by the game system itself. Some crims may hide in the ruins or flee, while others go straight for the hunters, ready for a fight.  It’s all dictated by an intuitive game mechanic involving Control Cards and the crims’ Demeanors. The system flows smoothly and offers a great deal of possibilities!

The digital version of the game offers all the cards, tokens and 2D crim miniatures needed to play. They can also be downloaded at http://www.spectrum-games.com/urban-manhunt. Within the rulebook’s 132 pages you’ll find the complete game system, the hunter creation rules, setting information, and more. The hardcover and softcover versions of the book will be released in February.

Spectrum isn’t just releasing the rulebook, however. The company is hitting the ground running, with support products to further enhance the Urban Manhunt experience. This includes the print-on-demand version of the Event Deck (the Control Deck and Crim Deck will be released very soon!) and even a 20-song soundtrack from Dave “Tree Dweller” Woodrum. We will be adding 3D-printable files for the various tokens in the game as well..

The products can be purchased here: http://www.spectrum-games.com/urban-manhunt

DTRPG Site BG

ghostmech1
    Participant
    25xp

love the idea

cynthiacelestemiller
    Participant
    87xp

Thank you. If you have any questions about the game, I’d be happy to answer.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

A game so mediocre it requires duplicate threads?

cynthiacelestemiller
    Participant
    87xp

No, sir. That was an accident. In fact, I didn’t realize that it posted several times. On my end, it kept saying that there was an error, so I tried again. My apologies. I’ll delete the extra threads. I pride myself on being a consummate professional and doing that on purpose would not be in line with that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)